How to request an Assessment

If you wish to request an assessment you can do so via the Contact Centre Advisors (Social Services) who are on duty from 9:00am-5:00. They can be contacted by telephone on (01744) 456600, e-mail to or personal visit to the Contact Centre, Wesley house, Corporation Street, St. Helens WA10 1HF.

OUT OF HOURS SERVICE - 0345 0500 148/0845 0500 148 - Operates 5pm to 9am Mon to Thurs, 4:30pm Friday to 9am Monday and all day on Bank Holidays. A Contact Centre advisor takes calls, refers to Emergency Duty Social Worker. They will then ring and give advice and guidance, refer to other services or visit.

In all cases the information required will be:

Name, address and Tel. No. of the person requiring assessment
• Marital status
• Who they live with
• Type of property, owned or rented
• GP and any hospital doctors currently providing treatment
• The type of care given and/or received
• What type of services they would like to access

Initial assessment may be carried out over the telephone. After an assessment there will be a Care plan agreed, which will indicate the level of support required and how this will be put into place. It will be signed by the person who was assessed. The care plan can be reassessed at any stage, and can be challenged if you or the person you care for disagrees with it




© St Helens Carers Centre
Registered Charity No. 1089663   A Limited Company Registered In England No. 4203210